Diagnostic injections are used to determine the source of pain. They are injected into the structure that is most likely the cause of the pain with a medication that should reduce or eliminate the pain temporarily. If the pain is eliminated, then the structure injected is almost surely the cause of the pain, which is called the pain generator.
- Discography (Discogram) – invasive diagnostic procedure for evaluation for intervertebral disc pathology
- Selective Nerve Root Block (SNRB)
- Lumbar Facet Joint Injection – used to confirm or deny the joint as the source of pain
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection – used to confirm or deny the joint as the source of pain
- Thoracic Facet Joint Injection
- Cervical Facet Joint Injection